Friday, November 23, 2012

Fall in Full Swing

The Bradford pear outside my brother-in-law's house is finally turning to fall colors.
 
 
Autumn is finally in full swing here in North Central Texas.  The trees are turning to fall colors - even the Bradford pears, which have been reluctant to give up their green leaves this year, are at last yielding to the waning light and cooler temperatures and are starting to put on their red.  Some trees, like the elm tree over my driveway, have been dressed for the season for a couple of weeks now.
 
This morning I woke to the wind in the trees and leaves falling outside my window.  With the classical radio station playing Tchaikovsky's "Waltz of the Flowers" from the Nutcracker Suite, it made for a perfect serene moment to relax and just enjoy being in the moment.
 
Soon the trees will be bare, the air will turn cold, and the holidays will be upon us.  For now, though, I'll appreciate the fall a little longer.  And share another photo for everyone to enjoy:
 
 
Autumn leaves dance in the wind.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. the color did pop this year. Nice to have orange,yellow, and reds dot the area. Not nice when the neighbor's tree sheds into our backyard. I practice my raking skills daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend told me she even saw some pink this year - though we didn't find that. We also have a lot of raking to do, lol.

      Delete

NaNoWriMo Word Count