Thursday, November 1, 2012

Diving In Headfirst


This photo copyright 2012 Charlotte Bailey.  All rights reserved.
 
Today is the start of a new month, so what better time to kick off my blog with its first entry?  I’ve been taking some time setting it up; now it’s time to dive in headfirst!

I decided to start keeping a blog because I want to share my life experiences, my thoughts, art and writing with the world, in hopes that another person might find ideas in its pages that will help them grow, much as the blogs I follow have helped me.  This year has been a year of great changes for me, and as those changes continue to ripple through my life into the future, I will share them here.  (From time to time, I may also post the occasional recipe or article I find interesting.)

Those changes got started by a promise I made myself at the beginning of the year.  When everyone else was making their New Year’s resolutions, I promised myself I would try three new things this year.  From joining LoseIt.com to try a different way of losing weight, to joining FlyLady.net to learn how to declutter my house, to starting this blog and deciding to write a 50,000-word novel in 30 days, it has been an exciting, challenging, crazy year of new things.  So much so that I just might do it again next year!

And speaking of writing that novel in 30 days, NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) started today!  I’ll add a widget to this page to track my word count, for those who want to follow my progress.

Comments, questions and feedback are always welcome; just respond in the comment section below.  Please keep posts friendly – I reserve the right to remove any posts with spam, hateful language, etc.
Thank you for joining me on this journey!

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the new blog. It looks great and I shall enjoy reading and keeping up with your tiny random choices. Have fun with it, Charlotte, and thrive on the joy of words.

    ReplyDelete

NaNoWriMo Word Count